THE ARTS/CREATIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM
NEW CATEGORY FOR ACHIEVEMENT DAY Effective immediately there is a new category for Achievement Day: # 26 FAVORS (no larger than 8”x12”). This means you can now enter tray favors, club favors, favors made for fundraisers, teas or other events. You can only enter 1 so be sure to choose your best one to enter! The 8”x12” size was chosen in order to encompass a variety of favors from outdoor picnics to holidays. (It does not have to be for an event or holiday.) Most importantly, remember to have fun while creating your masterpiece. If you have any questions, please call me @ 973-839-0826 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme for the 124th NJSFWC Convention is—GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN, AGAIN!!
The good news for everyone who will attend is that the room rates will remain at $83.00, the same as last year. By now we all know our way around the beautiful Golden Nugget so rooms for workshops, large presentations and In Memoriam are second nature for us to find. We have changed the meals somewhat due to a very high increase in food costs but this chairman feels our members will be pleased with the new menu selections.
This year we are asking our members to get an early start on ads for the convention book. The deadline to submit ads to the convention book chairman has been moved to FEBRUARY 15TH. The size of the ads will decrease by ¼ inch so they can be centered properly on the page. Cost for the ads will remain the same as last year. There is a separate sheet explaining all the particulars of how to place an ad in this ALMANAC.
DAY OF SERVICE
- Below are 10 Points you need to know about our “Day of Service” project! 1. Did you know the date for this project is February 10, 2018? With a snow date of February 17, 2018.
- Did you know the “Day of Service” project is being called “Going to the Dogs”?
- Did you know we are going to be supporting three organizations that train service dogs?
- Did you know that two of the organizations are for Disabled Veterans? Patriots Paws and Service Dogs of America, and the third is to increase our support for CCI?
- Did you know we will be having four assembly sites? One will be at Headquarters; the second location is the Woman’s Club of Vineland club house, the Senior Center in Pompton Plains, and a location in the Shore District, yet to be determined.
- Did you know the products these organizations requested can be purchased through Amazon, or at your local Petco or Pet Smart stores?
- Did you know the majority of the Service dogs that are trained to assist Veterans who are suffering from PTS – Post Traumatic Stress?
- Did you know that the products and brand names requested from all three organizations are the same? Also that a list of suggested items to purchase is included in this ALMANAC!
- Did you know all the final details will be in your January ALMANAC, and announced at your January District Council meetings?
- Do you know how happy each of these organizations is that the NJSFWC is supporting them with much needed supplies as well as financially? Over the Moon describes it well!